After trying some basic colouring with this last piece, I went on to experiment more with the ‘Da Vinci’ one. Now I wish to colour this one properly, and remove some niggling faults etc. In the scan above I played more so with the Threshold to maintain detail etc. There are particular ‘blocks’ of ink from when I was painting, I want to minimize these for more consistency.
In Illustrator, I was using the Expand function tocreate anchor points, then alter and ‘clean’ some of my lines using the Pen Tool. Using Expand, it was handy way to delete the white background of my Scan.
More colouring experiment to be done with this one. I really want to finish this by the end of the day!
Taken to and from Photoshop and Illustrator for the sake of Vectoring. Here I’ve played with the Burn/Dodge tools the most. I’ve tried to grasp the basics of colouring and shadow. Using the Gradient tool as a ‘fill’ is beneficial, when compared to the standard Paint Bucket fill.
For the background, I resized and Vectored the image. By playing with Layering, I used a Clouds Render and adjusted the Opacity accordingly.